THeRe'S An AnGeL On My ShOuLdEr...

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

I see the light!!! 

Well, the mysterious eye complaint has almost resolved itself thankfully. It is no longer sore and I only have some slight swelling. I have no idea what caused it. That sort of thing is generally restricted to the very rare times I might go camping, when I invariably get bitten by some critter on the eyelid in the dead of night. Hence, my definition of camping now is a room without a spa.

Finally went and saw The Last Samurai last night on the recommendations of Cat and Danny. I must say i was very impressed! It was much better than i had expected. i imagined something along the lines of Braveheart, and although there were similarities, Samurai was far superior in many respects. It was intelligent, and very moving. It was also thought provoking such as with the following exchange;
Katsumoto: "Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
Algren: "I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed."

which seemed appropriate to me at this point in time & possibly many of you as well. The battle & fighting scenes were superb and the costumes authentic and stunning without being gratuitous & the snow made me want to go skiing this year. I am glad I saw it. I am still pondering over it's complexities, such as, Which character is the "last samurai" - Katsumoto, or Algren? - always a sign of a top film in my view.

CoNtAcT

LiNkS

ArChIvEs

Design & Photo © Graphic Central. Content © Lyndal
Hosted by Blogger Made in Notepad and Photoshop 6.0
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com