THeRe'S An AnGeL On My ShOuLdEr...

Sunday, March 28, 2004

Feeding time at the zoo 

That's what it was like today at the Seymour College Gigantic Garage Sale. I try and go most years. It's one of the few times you can actually entice me to get up at some ungodly hour on a weekend. Just love a bargain. I did however restrain myself on this occasion, mainly because I still haven't done anything with my purchases from last year! I bought another couple of white jugs for my ever increasing collection. OK, OK, I know I don't NEED them, but they were cheap & unusual. I also picked up a rectangular bevelled mirror that I will do something with.....one day.

I start annual leave on Thursday. I can't wait. It's going to be a horrible week, albeit short, given that it is Natalie's last. The office will be so full of angst. I really don't need any more - I can provide enough of that on my own at the moment. We still have half our staff missing & I also have to make sure others can produce my weekly report while I'm gone. Although it's annual leave, it won't be a holiday. I have a large assignment to do that I have been leaving until the last minute, as I am wont to do. It will be done.

Blog bitching seems to be popular at the moment, as in, what annoys you about blogs you read? Well, I really don't like boring blogs like mine, but then I don't have to read it. I just write it. Reading it is your problem. *smirk* Seriously, there are a few things that bug me, but they are not restricted to blogs. The misuse of words is one. I notice the use of the word 'being' instead of 'been' a lot at work & have seen it once or twice in blogs. Also the use of the word 'of' instead of 'have', as in 'should of been'. Grammar moreso than spelling bothers me, though I make no claims to be perfect myself. Overuse of Lyric quoting also pisses me off, but I do that myself too, so I can't complain too much. I do enjoy reading all the different writing styles & varied subject matter & different perspectives.

CoNtAcT

LiNkS

ArChIvEs

Design & Photo © Graphic Central. Content © Lyndal
Hosted by Blogger Made in Notepad and Photoshop 6.0
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com