THeRe'S An AnGeL On My ShOuLdEr...

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Sick Again 

Why is it that every time I have annual leave, I get sick? Yep, got a cold in da doze & feel like utter crap!! I'd rather stay in bed, but I have to go to work. Grrrr. Happened last August too. I was really quite sick then. Fortunately I had a mate staying with me for some of it & he fussed over me with cups of hot tea in bed & lavished me with Balfours pasties with sauce. He's from Canberra where they don't have such delicacies. It was lovely to be fussed over for a change, to be looked after, to be allowed to be a little helpless. To be allowed to be a girl. It was lovely to have someone else around and I find I am missing it. Like Pookie, I'm capable of handling almost anything. It's just nice not to have to all the time.

I had to do it throughout my marriage. I was the handyman of the household & most of the tools were mine. I knew how to use them. As my Father was a Trade Teacher, I spent most of my holidays with him, out in the shed, at the local harware stores and in the timberyards. It was fun. & it was useful. Ask me to make you a coffee table & I wouldn't flinch. Ask me to make you a pavlova & I'll break into a sweat! I'm sure I could though, probably after several attempts, after all, I make a pretty mean toblerone mousse. Must do that again soon.

Time to go get through this one last day.

CoNtAcT

LiNkS

ArChIvEs

Design & Photo © Graphic Central. Content © Lyndal
Hosted by Blogger Made in Notepad and Photoshop 6.0
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com