THeRe'S An AnGeL On My ShOuLdEr...

Friday, March 26, 2004

Why not have your cake and eat it too - it's cake, what else are you going to do with it?  

I feel the need to be creative. I haven't made anything in quite a while, though I did do a bit of restoration paintwork on a unique piece picked up by a mate of mine. I don't think he really believed i could do it, but I'm full of surprises it seems. I just have a couple of touch ups to do on it & it will be as good as new. I have an almost completed project which I really should finish, even though I have doubts it will ever be displayed. But, you just never know do you? Stranger things have happened. It would make me happy if it was. I hate leaving things unfinished. I need the closure. I also intend to make a clock, decoupaged with clocks. It will then be a clock clock... LOL

I used to love decorating on a budget. I'd come up with all sorts of weird & wonderful ways of creating dramatic effects etc....on stuff all & nothing! In the house I built with my ex, I dressed the windows in my Kitchen, Family Room, Toilet & main Bathroom with $20 worth of white fabric. I created various different looks with the help of pins, rubber bands & scraps of lovely fabric etc... The Austrian blinds in the Lounge, Dining Room & Master Bedroom were made with $4 per metre deep burgundy shot dressmaking tafetta. I know you're now all thinking Ugh!! how revolting!! But they looked spectacular and only cost a couple of hundered dollars. The piece de resistance were the padded pelmets I made. Actually, they were Lambrequins. What's the difference? Lambrequins generally are taller and also tend to cover the sides of the window, either partially or fully. Many period lambrequins were made of timber & painted Trompe Loeil style to resemble fancy side drapes. Anyhoo, these things were constructed of sheets of polystyrene with craft wadding & fabric over the top which was secured at the back with pins. Who sees the back anyway? I made five of them for about $250, less than the cost of having one of them made professionally.

Today Dida was talking about the possibility of getting another tattoo or piercing. I have been planning to get a tattoo myself for quite a while now, but haven't had the funds. I've always known what it would be. It couldn't be anything else. I think it is time to get my butt into gear save the shackles to have it done. It might make me feel better & provide me with some direction. How? The brain is a funny thing and works in very mysterious ways.

I feel the need to kick back & cut loose with some Vodka and Billy Idol....

CoNtAcT

LiNkS

ArChIvEs

Design & Photo © Graphic Central. Content © Lyndal
Hosted by Blogger Made in Notepad and Photoshop 6.0
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com