THeRe'S An AnGeL On My ShOuLdEr...

Friday, May 21, 2004

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me... 

It never rains, it pours.

Took Jet off to the vet yesterday. He has an infected tooth. My poor baby. The vet was all ready to rip it out today, under a general anaesthetic. What he failed to mention was that this procedure was going to set me back $500!!!! WTF??????? Worse still, they wanted payment in full when I collected Jet. Sure, I have spare cash laying around, doesn't everybody? Apparently they must, because they seemed quite taken aback when I told them I couldn't rustle up $500. "we accept credit cards' the girl says tersely. Well, good on ya, but it doesn't help me, because I don't have a credit card! I tried to explain that I had just had a car accident & that I had to use the money for my HUGE electricity bill to pay for car hire. Nope, didn't give a hoot. Poor Jet could keel over for all they cared. As much as it pains me, I had to resort to the 'economy' treatment which was antibiotics and eye ointment....& a hundred less dollars in my bank account. God I'm sick to death of being broke!

After my trip to the Vet, I met a girlfriend for coffee. She had news apparently. I asked if she was pregnant, even though the chances of that are remote. Like me, she is not particularly maternal. No, she wasn't pregnant. Phew! that's a relief! She tells me to keep April 9th 2005 free, because she's finally getting married!!!!!! About bloody time I said! She & her partner have been together for 10 years. Also, it will be her first marriage, and she'll be 39. That date is also my Mum & Dads 50th Wedding Anniversary & they will get an invite too. How cool. No, I'm not a bridesmaid, thank god, but I will have fun doing the girly thing & picking out a dress. That will be a challenge in itself. She wants something in black or forest green & she's somewhat 'vertically challenged' & a little on the cuddly side. & people think that I'm 'Goth'???? Well, I don't have purple & black hair......I'm happy for her. She said I was looking good. Happier than I had been in quite a while. I was pleased that I did & felt good that it was noticeable.

I miss my car!! I want it back...NOW!!!! It won't be ready until next week, Monday or Tuesday apparently.

I've been tweaking my '100 Things' and will probably continue to do so as I think of things to put on it. I don't know whether I should replace items, or try for '200 things'??

Isn't Adelaide a small place? I was up at Tea Tree Plaza last night when I bumped into Dida and her man. It's nice to put a face to the name finally.

CoNtAcT

LiNkS

ArChIvEs

Design & Photo © Graphic Central. Content © Lyndal
Hosted by Blogger Made in Notepad and Photoshop 6.0
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com