THeRe'S An AnGeL On My ShOuLdEr...

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday 

Back when I was married and my Ex used to have car accidents with monotonous regularity, we were always able to get a free loan vehicle. It appears that now free loan vehicles are as rare as rocking horse poo! Loan vehicles are generally freely available...at a price. What is the world coming to? Yesterday I made umpteen calls to various repairers enquiring whether they had loan cars available. Many told me that they were all booked in advance. Well, I'm terribly sorry, but I didn't know some silly bitch was going to drive into the back of me & try & turn me into a trailer for the Subaru in front of me! So, those that have had ample time to organise alternative means of transport get the benefit of the very occasionaly free loan vehicle, while those who are innocent & inconvenienced, like me, are left high & dry? What makes it worse is that my insurance company has a fairly good deal with a rental company to hire a vehicle for $25 a day. BUT...and it's a big but...it only applies from when your vehicle is accepted for repair! So, yesterday, today & tomorrow I am without a vehicle because the insurance co's assessment centre is booked out until Wednesday at 2pm. Quotes from my two nominated repairers probably won't be done until Thursday, and a decision may be made on Friday - if I'm lucky. & by then, I might have a loan vehicle & won't need the rental that I need NOW!!!!!! I mean, I'm a busy girl. I've got library books to return, lay-buy's to pick up, food shopping to do......What's a girl to do eh? I suppose I am very lucky that I live close to work & my colleagues don't mind playing chauffer in the company car. I just hate inconveniencing people & I hate being out of pocket as a result of something that wasn't my fault.

CoNtAcT

LiNkS

ArChIvEs

Design & Photo © Graphic Central. Content © Lyndal
Hosted by Blogger Made in Notepad and Photoshop 6.0
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com