THeRe'S An AnGeL On My ShOuLdEr...

Friday, June 25, 2004

Butcher Bulls 

Does anyone remember Butcher Bulls? Those fur or felt covered red or black plastic bulls that most butcher shops had on display. I just went upstairs to satisfy my chocolate craving, & noticed one standing proudly on someones shelf. It reminded me of all the times Dad & I would go shopping, visiting the butcher and the 'Happy Apple' vegie shop (usually on the way to or from a hardware shop). I hadn't seen one of the bulls in years. I wonder if they are now collector items like the Mobil flying horse signs.

Eating has been a very ad hoc affair this week and as a result my pants are falling off me a tad. Not neccessarily a bad thing. I find when I'm like this, I just get out of the habit of eating & forget to start again. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to lunch with my Niece today. She's making Pumkin Soup, something I haven't done in what feels like eons. Though I've been more domestic of late & am enjoying it after a long break.

Quite a few pennies have been dropping of late. Pity they're not $100 notes, I could do with a few of those! One of the things that finally occurred to me was the reason why I didn't feel settled in either of the places I have lived since leaving & divorcing my Husband. Before I left, I had, what I (& others) thought was a beautiful home. Tastefully decorated, comfortable & welcoming. As a result of recently largely living elsewhere, without all my 'things', I realised that since leaving, I had been trying to re-create what I had before I left, but no longer found any pleasure in it. It appears to be no longer important to me, at the present time at least. Don't get me wrong, I still like things to look nice, and I still like decorating and making things, but I suppose I'm in a transition phase. Time to re-arrange some artwork displays perhaps?

All has been quiet on the western front, but I don't expect that to last for too long, they just can't help themselves.

Well, that's all I can think of for now.

CoNtAcT

LiNkS

ArChIvEs

Design & Photo © Graphic Central. Content © Lyndal
Hosted by Blogger Made in Notepad and Photoshop 6.0
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com