THeRe'S An AnGeL On My ShOuLdEr...

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

The things you see when you don't have a gun 

Saw all sorts of weird & wonderful things over the weekend. Surprisingly, the most odd was NOT the couple dressed as a Vulcan and a Klingon (who had the biggest arse I've ever seen!!), but the albino twin girls. They were identical in every way, except that one was slightly taller than the other. It was hard not to keep looking at them.

There was also the guy who fancied himself to look like Richie Blackmore. Apparently, this guy really believes he IS Blackmore. Whatever floats your boat I suppose. Lucky he wasn't wearing his top hat, or I might have had to 'creatively procure' it. I've always fancied having a top hat. Don't ask me why, I just do.

Had lunch today with a friend who was over visiting from Canberra. It was good to catch up with him. He is currently renovating his girlfriends' flat that they are both living together in and having all sorts of hassles getting decent tradesmen. It was good to see him happy too. I'm glad he has found someone. Someone exotic too, just like the clairvoyant that I took him to last year said. Freaky. He said I looked happy too & his first comment was that my "eyes hadn't changed". I should hope not!! Also that I was tall. Well, yes I am, but I haven't grown & I am wearing my high boots. He can't help being vertically challenged I suppose. We talked about all sorts of things and he mentioned that his girl was still getting used to the fact that he has female friends with whom he has 'history'. Yep, I know all about this one, yes siree. After much thinking though I have come to the conclusion that it all comes down to respect. I respect that David is in love with a wonderful girl & he respects that I am in love with a wonderful guy and the respect for each others relationships translates into respect for the individual. If that is not there, then things can turn sour. I suppose I am fortunate in that many of my male friends respect that I am 'off the menu' and very much in love with someone and hence make no overtures, suggestions or hints that I should stray or change my mind in preference for them. I appreciate that and as a result, we have been able to maintain our friendships. The couple who don't respect my relationship, and therefore me, get little more than polite responses to their emails or sms. I don't know whether I've been fortunate in this regard, or whether it's a 'girl thing', I suspect the latter unfortunately. Hate that, it gives us a bad name. My only advice to him was to be open & honest with her. She can't fear what she knows.

I've been giving my boys lots of quality cuddles the last couple of days & they very much appreciate it, but now I have to go again.

catch you all later..

CoNtAcT

LiNkS

ArChIvEs

Design & Photo © Graphic Central. Content © Lyndal
Hosted by Blogger Made in Notepad and Photoshop 6.0
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com