THeRe'S An AnGeL On My ShOuLdEr...

Thursday, July 15, 2004

All I ask for is the opportunity to prove that money doesn't buy happiness 

Got an unexpected call yesterday from my mate David in Canberra. He told me he finally got the balls to pop the question to his girlfriend. She said yes of course. He's a good catch, albeit vertically challenged. He even had the guts to choose the ring, which she apparently loves. Brave man. I'm glad he finally found 'the one', he's been looking for eons. I often have a chuckle to myself recalling the time I took him to see Rose the Clairvoyant. He scoffed when she told him she could see him with someone exotic, foreign, petite etc....His fiance is a sweet, petite Iranian girl with dark hair & dark eyes. Remind me to buy a card for them will ya? My memory is like a sieve at the moment.

Had the opportunity the other evening to have a D & M with someone I work with. It needed to be done. Things had been awkward between us since January. I was able to be open & honest & it cleared up many misconceptions they had about what I was thinking. If I had had the guts to explain my reasoning way back then, they wouldn't, as they now don't, have thought what they did.

And there is a lesson folks....

Think about the ramifications of telling that little white lie, or concealing the truth, staying silent or otherwise not being entirely open & honest in order to protect feelings. Chances are, the pain you may cause by being open & honest will be far less than that experienced when it unravels, as it invariably does. Prevention is better than cure. I'm adopting the philosophy and will answer all questions thrown at me with, sometimes brutal, honesty.

There is nothing quite like a life-shattering moment to force you to put everything into perspective and make you feel as helpless as the owner of a sick goldfish.


I wish today was Friday, don't you?

CoNtAcT

LiNkS

ArChIvEs

Design & Photo © Graphic Central. Content © Lyndal
Hosted by Blogger Made in Notepad and Photoshop 6.0
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com