THeRe'S An AnGeL On My ShOuLdEr...

Friday, August 20, 2004

Another Year 

It's my birthday tomorrow. Another year older. Ugh!!! Hopefully the next year will be better than the last was, for the most part anyway.

An unexpected email I received this week has led me to reflect on some of the decisions I have made. Particularly a fairly significant one in terms of the future. Whilst I thought it might spark feelings of regret and a sense of having made the wrong choice, it's actually done the opposite. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I made the right decision, regardless of the pain that doing so has brought me. Had I known then what I know now, I would have definately made that wrong choice, and I imagine that at this point in time, I probably would have moved on from that relationship out of sheer boredom. Instead, I'm looking forward to travelling, creating things, achieving success both professionally and personally, and sharing all that with someone whom I think, and have always thought, was pretty special.

I know now that in the past some of my actions may have precipitated events that have subsequently caused me a significant amount of angst. I'm not entirely sure why I did that. The goal posts weren't where I thought they were so my actions were never likely to result in a positive outcome, if that was in fact my intent at the time. I dunno. I've been pretty screwed up at times & I think that for much of the last year I have been my own worst enemy. Time to put all that to bed & enjoy the future. Isn't that what they say? Enjoy each day as if it is your last? Wise advice. Very wise.

Anyone have any idea how to train a (stupid) cat. Yes, I admit it, Merlin isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he seems to insist on doing things that piss everyone off. Every morning I get a run down on what he has done before I have dragged my sorry arse out of bed. None of it's good. He'll be no good for the chinese take-away though as he has stopped eating & has lost a heap of weight. We'll get there............eventually.

A beautiful day...time to get out in it

CoNtAcT

LiNkS

ArChIvEs

Design & Photo © Graphic Central. Content © Lyndal
Hosted by Blogger Made in Notepad and Photoshop 6.0
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com