THeRe'S An AnGeL On My ShOuLdEr...

Monday, August 09, 2004

Life is too short 

Lately there has been no shortage of wake-up calls to remind me that life is too short and that we should live each day as if it is our last. Yesterday, we received news that a relative had attempted to comit suicide. it's something the general public don't see the extent of, because it's rarely in the media, but I see them , all too often, at work. Although, like many others, I have thought about it myself, I've never really been able to understand how things can get, or appear to get so bad that suicide is the preferable option. It's such a waste. It has left us feeling very sombre & melancholy.

I have been adding things to my '100+ Things' page. You'll notice that my 6'2" PC gremlin has also been adding some on my behalf - I think you will be able to pick which ones.

Had lunch with my Brother today which was good. We used to do it regularly when I worked in town. We both miss it. We talked about all sorts of things. His marital situation which is somewhat dodgy at the moment was the main topic. I also told him of a fairly significant event that occurred to me a couple of months ago that I hadn't had a chance to tell him about privately. He thought it explained a fair bit about how I have been in the last few months. It's only a partial explanation though, I didn't fill him in on the rest of the crap - he might have had me comitted to Glenside! We also did some shopping for someone's impending birthday. Haven't made any decisions as yet as to what to get. And no, I'm not giving any hints.

Almost finished another restoration project which will be a Christmas present for someone special. Can't wait to see her face when she opens it. I think I should go into business, but it's hard to put a value on such things and the time they take, especially when you really enjoy doing it.

I'm off to do something productive, if I can get my brain to work properly

CoNtAcT

LiNkS

ArChIvEs

Design & Photo © Graphic Central. Content © Lyndal
Hosted by Blogger Made in Notepad and Photoshop 6.0
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com