THeRe'S An AnGeL On My ShOuLdEr...

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I See The Light 

I see the light, and now I know it's not a train coming the other way.

The last few weeks have been sheer hell, the last week and a half in particular. I didn't think I could survive it. I thought I was going mad. I never thought I would ever be 'me' again. It scared the crap out of me, and that, of course, only made everything worse.

The Dr has precribed Cipramil to manage the Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD). I think it's working - to a degree. The side effects of going on it were truly horrible, as I knew they would be. That was one of the reasons I resisted going back on medication. Been there, done that. But every day, I'm feeling a little better, and can eat a little more & not feel quite so sick. Needless to say that after nearly three months of feeling nauseous, I'm somewhat thinner than I used to be. Yesterday I tried on a pair of size 11 jeans. They fitted more or less but I figured that now I could eat, I might put on a bit of weight. I was well & truly a size 14 before developing GAD. I should make the most of it & try & tone up what's left.

On a sad note, my close friends' Father passed away last Thursday after battling Cancer. He found out last October as did the Father of my other close friend, Donna. Her Father passed away in January, on her birthday. He didn't suffer for too long. So much sadness & pain.

On a bright note (& it will be when you hear what I'm wearing!), my niece is having her 21st on Friday night. It's a Retro themed party. What to wear? Well, we went op-shopping for some inspiration & I found the most gorgeous (or revolting) 70's suit. It's bright red un-cut cord/velvet and consists of long wide-legged pants with a 2 inch cuff & a long sleeved jacket with red & gold buttons. Fits perfectly! Nobody will be able to miss me! My other half managed to find a truly stunning authentic, tight fitting velour windcheater and a pair of cords. All he needs is a little emblem on the left breast & he'd look right at home on the deck of the Enterprise. It should be a good night, and now that I'm feeling better, I should be able to enjoy it.

CoNtAcT

LiNkS

ArChIvEs

Design & Photo © Graphic Central. Content © Lyndal
Hosted by Blogger Made in Notepad and Photoshop 6.0
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com