THeRe'S An AnGeL On My ShOuLdEr...

Thursday, February 23, 2006

I See Red, I See Red, I See Red 

When is Red not Red? Apparently when it is in the shape of an arrow on a set of traffic lights.

In the past few weeks I have repeatedly been frustrated & delayed in getting where I want to go because INCONSIDERATE BASTARDS keep running red turning lights, meaning that I, and others, can't turn on our GREEN turning lights because we'd clean them up if we did.

I was very tempted to do just that this morning. After having another ordinary sleep due to council workers who feel the need to hammer the pavement for hours on end in the middle of the night, I was a tad weary this morning. Sitting on Portrush Road heading north & waiting to turn right into Magill Road. I was second in line in the turning lane. We got a green arrow, but had to wait for FIVE cars (inc 3 Burnside Buses) to turn right from Magill road into Portrush - very obviously on a red light. By the time I entered the intersection, and I was only the second car remember, the turning light was orange!. Grrrr

The same thing happens trying to turn right into Portrush from Kensington Road & it can often take up to SIX light changes before you get around - and invariably that will usually be on an orange light also.

Why can't people be more considerate of others? it's not hard. Takes as much energy as being an inconsiderate bastard, so why do people do it?

CoNtAcT

LiNkS

ArChIvEs

Design & Photo © Graphic Central. Content © Lyndal
Hosted by Blogger Made in Notepad and Photoshop 6.0
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com