THeRe'S An AnGeL On My ShOuLdEr...

Friday, December 29, 2006

Arty Farty Christmas 

Once again I was spoilt this year. My true love gave to me, two books. The first is a magnificently huge collection of the entire works of Vincent Van Gogh. I must admit I had really only been exposed to the common works, such as The Chair, The Sunflowers, Starry Night, Irises and his self portraits, of which there are several. The depth of his work is incredible & it's absolutely stunning!

The other book I received was on Artist/Illustrator Aubrey Beardsley. Certainly an artist who is not to everyones taste. Born on the same date as me - August 21st. Significantly influenced by the Pre-Raphaelite and Arts and Crafts movements and showing distinct Art Nouveau style, his work is dramatic and elegant. However, his erotica is quite confronting with works featuring oversized penises and other phallic representations. I'm not sure I'd hang any of those on my wall. I love the line work and the high contrast.

CoNtAcT

LiNkS

ArChIvEs

Design & Photo © Graphic Central. Content © Lyndal
Hosted by Blogger Made in Notepad and Photoshop 6.0
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com